Waking Other People Up and Games People Play

Effortless Joy - Share!Share on Google+0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Email this to someone
My 200 pound best friend, Magic, willing to travel the world to eat you, if necessary

I had a strange experience last week with a client.  I had an indication that something was not right about the reading request, which was confirmed by PayPal when they flagged the transaction.  I contacted PayPal, and was assured that the flagging was on their part, not at the client’s request, so I went ahead with the reading.  There is no seller protection for intangible goods, such as readings.  I did quite a bit of work with the client, and they assured me that they would re-submit the payment, which PayPal had returned to them, by the next weekend – which they never did.

When I sent a payment reminder, they wrote back only that their guide was a man named X not a woman named Y.

I’d like to have gotten a head of righteous steam going over this incident, but unfortunately I couldn’t even muster one up.  I almost wondered what was wrong with me (I was raised in New Jersey where they have an answer for getting screwed).

I was in business for a couple of decades and have seen my fair share of “shouldn’t have happened, but it did anyway.” All I could think of was, gee I’d like to have my time back.  Since I can’t, I had to wonder if there was supposed to be some purpose to this.  What an odd thing to steal – intuitive services.  They do know there’s a pretty big penalty for that, right?

I am 100% certain of who their primary guide is (and no one has just one guide) because not only did I meet her, but there is an additional method of knowing for certain, and I knew for certain.  If a client wants to intentionally not pay and attempt to mislead me, well – what can I say?  I feel badly for them, but I don’t care.

How strange!   When did I stop feeling personally affronted by unethical, immoral, intentionally deceptive people?  How did I not know that change had happened?

What changes may have happened for you internally that you haven’t noticed because they haven’t been tested lately?

I know we’re supposed to love everyone, but that’s more of an ideal than a reality for many people, including me.  I’m accountable for me and you’re accountable for you – every minute of every day, across the lifetimes and forever.  I’m here to help people, but if they’re not in it for the help for whatever reason, then so be it.

I realized why it didn’t bother me, in spite of my own expectation that it would.  I had a flashback to a time in my life when I was surrounded by nasty, backstabbing, gossipy people all day long, every day, at work.  The energy that it took to just be in their presence was exhausting.  Since I don’t work there anymore, I have a ton more energy.   I am free now to work from home, which means that most of the time I don’t even have to see people in person if I don’t feel like it.  So having one person get into my field in a year and a half was insignificant.  On the other hand – maybe I’ve taken the whole isolation bit a bridge too far after so many years of going like the Energizer Bunny and racing around constantly.

This can be a lesson to the “over-givers” – remember to give to yourself first.  Be responsive and sensitive to your own  needs – physical, emotional, and spiritual.

“Stop sustaining others out of the misguided notion that it’s better to give than to receive, and recognize that only when giving and receiving are in balance will you truly begin to understand love.”
– Sonia Choquette, Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose

Moreover, there was a more general point I wanted to make.  Frustration with other people, especially in the workplace, can be exacerbated by your own open energy – which you can close up before you even walk in the door. It can also be triggered by your expectation of other people’s behavior, which is not your responsibility.  If you tend to want to change other people then remember:

You Cannot Wake Other People Up

It is not your job.  Your job is to be you, as fully and completely as you can.  Some people will notice your light shining in their direction, will want your involvement to some degree, and you can help them.  But mostly, they won’t, because they are on their own timetable (like maybe when they’re 40, or 60, or 80) and that happens exactly as it is supposed to happen.  By design.

**************************

Hurricane Irene is hanging out somewhere close to my east but is bypassing South Florida.  I am a veteran of many a hurricane as well as an insurance broker for two decades.  In the event that she comes your way and you are not used to getting prepared, please:
  • Do NOT make light of it – even tropical storms can be serious.
  • Listen to your local authority on preparedness and how to stay safe!
  • Don’t wait until the last minute – better to go through a lot of work all for nothing than to get caught with your pants down.
  • Put your insurance papers in a ziploc and keep them on your person at all times.
  • If you’re on a barrier island, why aren’t you inland yet?
  • Do not leave pets to roam assuming they’ll be all right somehow – they probably won’t.
  • Don’t forget to take your old family photos that aren’t digitized.
  • Imagine your home blown apart in smithereens and lying in 150 pieces all over your neighbors’ yards, and drenched – and be OK with it.  Lives count, not stuff.

Lots of love and good luck to my East Coasters XO

Comments

1. kdivasilver says:

Julie, there must be something in the air <g>. I've been working on letting go of other people's negative energy, reminding myself (a lot, it seems) that I can't control their actions, only my reactions. Still, it is a bummer that you got hit like this–maybe this is just a reminder to listen to your warning bells?

I was struck by a phrase you used: a bridge too far. And that's because I almost used that title, only in Dutch, on one of my blog posts this week (I didn't, basically because I couldn't remember how to spell it in Dutch!). But it popped into my mind and it struck me as being an odd phrase to think of, even though it would have worked. Ah, the mysterious workings of the Universe!

This past week I've been setting intentions to let my light shine, and have seen people coming toward me rather than the other way around (my usual M.O.). It's all part of the design. And some of it I think is due to the questions you set up last week; they got me thinking and seeing things from different angles. So thanks!

2. AClearSign says:

Hey, you never know when I might need to flee to Canada lol! I've started back to serious working out since school started up again.

3. AClearSign says:

I am so glad it is making a difference for you! Really you're the one doing all of the work. It's funny how often we all have the same thought – consider yourself "plugged in."

4. You handled that situation like a champ, Julie! I think I would've felt personally wounded. I've had only 2 "negative" experiences in my year of working as an intuitive and I consider myself lucky, but I won't lie: they still stung.

You were right to just let her go…I doubt she realizes the energetic repercussions her actions have in all of this, but she'll find out in due course. Maybe not in this lifetime. (I'm not talking about karma in a bitter way…more in a "she'll learn some day" way.

It is so important to take care of ourselves…I had forgotten this (I am going to write about this soon) and boy did I pay for it.

Stay safe. Come up to Toronto if you need a safe haven! 😉 We have earthquakes and Tornado warnings up here these days, but I've remained safe! Mother nature is telling us something.
    My recent post The Universal Question: What is my Life Purpose?

5. Patti Foy says:

Uncanny how this fits what I just went thru over the last half hour.

Your question "What changes may have happened for you internally that you haven't noticed because they haven't been tested lately?" has perfect timing. I was doing a search in my email and accidentally (ya, right) ran across a very hurtful email from someone who was my best friend, up until the time of the email, that is. I found myself feeling almost ill. All over again. Sheesh, I thought I'd "dealt with" this. Apparently not. So, to answer your question, what I discovered as I journaled just before seeing this post was that I had indeed processed down to yet a new layer of insight. Yes, I had dealt with it. But now I get to go a little deeper. As I write that I realize I'm not sure that sounds exactly fun, but it's surely better than rehashing the same old stuff.

And along another similar line of what you say later about not our job to wake people up. Hear hear. I'd just had those same thoughts, with this situation I just mentioned.

And 3rdly, I just now glance over the other comments and think WOW. Yes. Funny how so many of us are moving thru similar stuff right now.

Long comment! Mainly: thanks. I love coming here and reading you. Always interesting.

Lots of blessings.
    My recent post Your Magical Mind, Magical Body

6. Patti Foy says:

P.S.
    LOVE that photo of Magic! Perfect! (Reminds me of our boxer, but can't be at 200#, can it?!)
    My recent post Your Magical Mind, Magical Body

7. Hi Julie,

It's unfortunate that some people choose to behave in such ways as to literally steal from someone else. I believe in karma and people like that always end up seeing things come back to them.
    My recent post Alien Invasion! Run For The Hills!

8. i cannot agree more julie
    we are not supposed to love everyone we are supposed to try to love everyone but some people refuse to let us love them by acting in weird ways
    God bless you 🙂
    My recent post undefined

9. My favorite line of this post:

"I know we're supposed to love everyone, but that's more of an ideal than a reality for many people, including me."

I set many lofty goals for myself and I've noticed that most of them will take a lifelong to achieve.

One of these lifelong goals is to "try" to love everyone. The key that continues to elude me is three-fold: (1) patience (2) selflessness (3) a desire to seperate a persons acts from a person's soul.

I hear you loud and clear on your final declaration in this post, however, it shocked me more than inspired me… I can't even tell you why yet. I'll have to give it more thought. Thanks for this provoking and insightful perspective. You have truly sparked my mind this morning.

10. AClearSign says:

Patti,

Glad you find it interesting, and you know you and your "long comments" are welcome here anytime 🙂 The rate of change and new self knowledge seems to be speeding up at an astonishing rate – almost so fast I can't keep up with it. I've been going through the exact same thing with respect to thinking I was done with something and then encountering another peel of the onion. Sometimes I wonder how I could have been so dense about some things – but I suppose we learn when we are ready.

11. AClearSign says:

Todd, It's true. Moreover I recently had a possible explanation for those who don't seem to reap what they sow in this lifetime – there's another, and then another. Makes you wonder sometimes when you have "bad luck" that you can't find an explanation for!

12. AClearSign says:

Hi Farouk, I can use all of the blessings I can get, so thanks for that 🙂 Weird ways is an understatement…!

13. AClearSign says:

Jermaine, I am so glad 🙂 Nothing like a little thought with your coffee in the morning. That last sentence is something I have only recently learned and it is powerful. Know though that you might say something to someone today, and it could take them 20 years to process it – but process it they will, in due course. You are probably doing far more good than you will ever know. Realizing this may make the day easier to get through when the going is tough. You are a piece of the puzzle in other people's lives, kind of like part of God's plan or a human divine messenger.